Guide for Authors
Submitted manuscripts must not have been previously published and must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. All submissions are peer-reviewed.
The editors accept manuscript submissions of empirical research which should be no longer than 20 double-spaced pages (ca. 6000 words).
The article must not exceed the prescribed length, otherwise it will be returned immediately to the author. Articles longer than the required length will not be submitted into the editorial process.
Guidelines for reviewers
General aim for involving a reviewer in editorial process is to get thoughtful, fair, constructive, and informative critique of the submitted work and help the editors to make an informed decision on manuscript.
When reviewing submissions for our journal, please consider whether the paper fits with the scope of the journal. Does it represent an empirical investigation in the area of psychology of cognitive processes in personality and social context? (please refer to http://psychologia.sav.sk/sp/index.php?id=aims for detailed description)
In general, reviews typically are from 1–3 standard pages. Please, write your review in a narrative form and organize it in sections. If relevant, provide specific comments about
- overarching aims of the manuscript and its key points
- the significance of the work and its relevance to journal scope
- the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript
- the ways to enhance the quality of the paper, with attention paid to conceptual underpinnings, methodological sophistication, data analytic approach, interpretation of the findings, implications
- usefulness of tables and figures
- overall clarity, lucidity, and coherence of the written presentation
- appropriateness of the title, abstract, and length of the paper
To be ethical, please
- avoid negative bias, including prejudice against a nationality (based on affiliation and/or language), a research topic, or negative results
- declare any conflicting or competing interests, such as the same research topic/direct competition, a close personal relationship or collaboration with the authors, or recent co-authorship with the authors
- avoid requesting citations of your own work for personal gain
- avoid disparaging personal remarks
- do not share the paper, do not quote, cite, or refer to it, do not use information from the manuscript to advance your own work or instruction unless you obtain specific permission for such use from the author.
At the end of the review, please state clearly whether the manuscript is fixable. If yes, please make sure, that you provided clear guidance and recommendations how the appropriate changes should be applied in the manuscript and. Please, advice your suggestion on manuscript to editor in review form on the scale (Accept, Minor Revisions, Major Revisions, Reject).
Editors are very grateful to the reviewers for their effort and time spent on evaluating manuscripts for Studia Psychologica. Without the knowledge of many researchers being specialist in the area of journal scope, journal could not fulfil its mission.